Best of my Stack Overflow posts
Video / Audio
- The power of Python's yield
Computing permutations elegantly and efficiently.
- Optimizing code for the European Space Agency (Reddit)
35x speedup, using SIMD, cache-awareness, OpenMP and CUDA (C++).
- For C developers that hate C++ (Reddit)
I think they are missing out.
- Artificial Intelligence: Playing Score4 (Connect Four) (Reddit, Hacker News)
- Stack-checking for code that executes in orbit (Reddit, Hacker News)
Making sure that stack overflows are impossible (C/C++, Python, objdump)
E-fence inspired Win32 Debugging Allocator (C,C++).
- Python, what are you doing?
Python always does what I want. Except this once.
- Writing Makefiles
Handling build dependencies and code generators using make.
- Differences of yield amongst languages
How yield behaves in different languages (Python, C#, F#).
- Why I use VIM
How using VIM helps me be a more productive programmer.
- Functional-style in Python
Using Python's 'reduce' to flatten a list of dictionaries.
- Playing back Youtube annotations offline
Drive MPlayer via Python and ImageMagick, to playback Youtube videos and their annotations - offline.
- Don't Repeat Yourself (via X-macros)
Avoiding code repetition in C and C++.
- Python "compile-time" type checking
Detect invalid parameter types being passed to functions (Python).
- VIM, XML and a regular expression mystery (Reddit)
Adding SAXCount and auto-alignment support for .xml files in my editor (VIM, Perl regexp).
- Real-time raytracing: Renderer 2.x in CUDA (Reddit)
Porting my renderer to CUDA - will the speed increase? (C++, CUDA)
- Using hardware: Renderer 2.x in
Real-time Phong/ZBuffer rendering through OpenGL fragment shaders (C++, OpenGL).
- Using software: Renderer 2.x (Reddit)
Portable GPL software renderer: multi-threaded, Phong, ZBuffer, Soft-ShadowMaps, Ambient Occlusion, MLAA, Raytracing (C++, SDL, Intel TBB, OpenMP).
Real-time flying over South Greece (Windows/Linux).
- A real-time Mandelbrot zoomer done via OpenMP/SSE and via CUDA
The joy of reaching the limits of your H/W (C, x86 SSE assembly, OpenMP, SDL, OpenGL, CUDA)
- SDL hacks (Slashdot)
Simulators for fireworks, waves and snow flakes (C++, SDL)
- Simulating the universe with 300 Python lines (Reddit)
What does gravity do to a set of celestial objects with random velocities? (Python).
Very old code that performs simple software-only rendering of 3D Studio .asc
files. For archiving purposes only :-) (C++, SDL).